Red, Yellow, and Gold Happy Happy Happy Birthday Cupcake
I wanted to create some masculine birthday cards. I saw Laura Bassen use some strips of cardstock to create a background on one of her cards. She cut them with her guillotine paper cutter, but I have Simon Says Stamp's Strip Dies 1 and 2. It makes it extremely easy to cut different size strips of cardstock. I pulled out some red, orange, and yellow cardstock and cut all four sizes of the strips using the dies.
To create this card I wanted to use the remaining leftover strips and decided to adhere them to a sheet of typing paper that was as long as the die cut strips. It was covered with dotliner adhesive. Since I was running low on strips the smaller die was used to cut from narrow strips from gold glitter cardstock. I only had red and yellow strips left. The narrow gold glitter strips were added between each strip.
When the strips were adhered to the typing paper a smaller stitched rectangle that was the same size as the height of the striped paper was used to cut a panel.
The focal image cupcake was cut from scraps of red and yellow cardstock. To help it stand out on the panel, brown ink was ink blended around the edges of the cupcake liner, and a darker yellow on the frosting. A candle was cut from red and gold glitter cardstock and ink blended as well. The candle was adhered to the frosting and the frosting and liner were adhered together with a thin strip of liquid glue. Low loft foam tape was added to the back. The cupcake was adhered to upper center of the panel by removing the backing paper on the foam.
For the sentiment I found one that fit perfectly in the yellow strip at the bottom of the rectangle and stamped it with red ink. The panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase with low loft liquid glue.
· My Favorite Things Celebrate You
· My Favorite Things Cupcakes & Sprinkles Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Background Panel
· Simon Says Stamp Strip 1 and Strip 2 Dies
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Cherry Red, Honey Mustard, Warm Cocoa
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot, Wild Dandelion Base Weight Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Typing Paper
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape