Red, Yellow, and Gold Happy Happy Happy Birthday Candles Arch
I wanted to create some masculine birthday cards. I saw Laura Bassen use some strips of cardstock to create a background on one of her cards. She cut them with her guillotine paper cutter, but I have Simon Says Stamp's Strip Dies 1 and 2. It makes it extremely easy to cut different size strips of cardstock. I pulled out some red, orange, and yellow cardstock and cut all four sizes of the strips using the dies.
To create this card I wanted to use the remaining leftover strips and decided to adhere them to a sheet of typing paper that was as long as the die cut strips. It was covered with dotliner adhesive. Since I was running low on strips the smaller die was used to cut from narrow strips from gold glitter cardstock. I only had red and yellow strips left. The narrow gold glitter strips were added between each strip.
When the strips were adhered to the typing paper a smaller stitched arch die that was the same height of the striped paper was used to cut a panel.
The focal image candles were cut from scraps of red cardstock. To help it stand out on the panel, brown ink was ink blended around the edges of the candles. The candles were backed with gold glitter cardstock and the two were adhered together with liquid glue. Low loft foam tape was added to the back of each candle. They were adhered to upper center of the panel by removing the backing paper on the foam tape.
For the sentiment I found one that fit perfectly in the yellow strip at the bottom of the rectangle and stamped it with red ink. The panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase with low loft liquid glue.
· My Favorite Things Celebrate You
· Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles Dies
· My Favorite Things Inside & Out Stitched Arch Die
· Simon Says Stamp Strip 1 and Strip 2 Dies
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Cherry Red and Warm Cocoa
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot, Wild Dandelion Base Weight Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Typing Paper
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape