I bought this layering stencil from Simon Says Stamp/C.C. Designs. I knew it would make great masculine cards. If you use different colors it would also be nice for feminine cards as well.
For this card I decided to use bright and colorful colors. I used a 6x6" panel of cardstock and adhered it to a MISTI Sticky Mat. This kept the paper from moving and I had enough around the edges to tape down the each layer of the stencil. I ink blended darker at the bottom of each letter and lightened it at the top. Once the inking was complete I used a stitched rectangle die to cut down the panel.
If you have the coordinating die for the stencil it has some small balloon dies, but I already have a lot of balloons dies. I pulled out the Balloon Bouquet from Simon Says Stamp and cut it from gold glitter cardstock and adhered it in the upper right of the stenciled rectangle.
When I went to add the panel to a cardbase I decided to add an orange mat behind the stenciled panel and liked it much better. I added sticky back foam to the back of the panel and adhered it to a top folding cardbase.
A quick and easy card to make.
· Simon Says Stamp/C.C. Design Layering Birthday Stencil
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Red Hot, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Jelly Bean Green
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Tangerine Twist Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive