I wanted to create some masculine birthday cards. I saw Laura Bassen use some strips of cardstock to create a background on one of her cards. She cut them with her guillotine paper cutter, but I have Simon Says Stamp's Strip Dies 1 and 2. It makes it extremely easy to cut different size strips of cardstock. I pulled out some red, orange, and yellow cardstock and cut all four sizes of the strips using the dies.
To create this card a quarter sheet of typing paper was completely covered with dotliner adhesive. The strips of cardstock were then adhered in place on an angle using alternate colors and sizes.
I had a leftover red frame in my stash and decided to use it on this card. The striped background was cut down to be just smaller than the frame and the two were adhered together with liquid glue.
For this card I decided to use the My Favorite Things Balloon Shaker die for the focal image. It was cut from gold glitter cardstock. The frame was traced onto some acetate and then fussy cut to be just smaller than the balloon frame. It was adhered in place with liquid glue. Both low loft and 3M 1/2" foam tape was added to the back of the balloon frame.
This time I wanted the striped background to show behind the shaker, so seed beads were added to the center of the striped panel/frame and then the balloon frame was carefully adhered in place by removing the backing paper. To give a little wiggle room to ensure the placement was good, liquid glue was added to the foam tape.
I needed a smaller sentiment word and decided to use one from the Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy stamp set and dies. It was cut from gold glitter cardstock and again from orange sticky back foam. It was adhered just below the balloon shaker with liquid glue.
Gold and white baker's twine was tied to the bottom of the balloon and tied into a bow. The secondary sentiment was stamped in black just below the die cut word.
The panel was adhered to front of an A2 cardbase with liquid glue.
· Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Dies
· My Favorite Things Little Birthday Notes
· My Favorite Things Balloon Shaker Window
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Strip 1 and Strip 2 Dies
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Office Depot Acetate
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot, Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango Base Weight Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Typing Paper
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Orange Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Mikuki Seed Beads Tangoo Mix and Ruby
· White and Gold Bakers Twine from Stash