Red, Orange, and Yellow Diagonal Strips Happy Birthday Candles
I wanted to create some masculine birthday cards. I saw Laura Bassen use some strips of cardstock to create a background on one of her cards. She cut them with her guillotine paper cutter, but I have Simon Says Stamp's Strip Dies 1 and 2. It makes it extremely easy to cut different size strips of cardstock. I pulled out some red, orange, and yellow cardstock and cut all four sizes of the strips using the dies.
To create this card a quarter sheet of typing paper was completely covered with dotliner adhesive. The strips of cardstock were then adhered in place on an angle using alternate colors and sizes. When the quarter sheet was covered it was cut down using a stitched rectangle die. The panel was adhered to an A2 cardbase with liquid glue.
For the focal image Simon Says Stamp Birthday Candles die was cut from brushed gold cardstock. Since this die doesn't cut out the circle shape a Hero Arts Infinity Circle die just larger then the candles was used to cut out the image with a frame. 3M 1/2" Foam Tape was added to the back of the frame and two layers of vellum were adhered behind the die cut. It was adhered to the upper center of the striped backing with liquid glue on the frame and small dabs on the tips of the candles.
The word happy was cut from yellow cardstock and then ink blended with red, orange, and yellow inks to create an ombre of color on the letters. This word is part of die from Gina K. Designs that has a shadow from both the word Happy and Birthday. It was cut twice from vellum and the word "Happy" was adhered in place with liquid glue. The bottom of the shadow was fussy cut using scissors.
I really liked the ombre "Happy" and wanted to have the frame around the candles mirror those colors, so another frame was cut from yellow cardstock and ink blended to match.
The secondary greeting was stamped below "Happy" with black ink. The panel was then adhered to a top folding cardbase with liquid glue.
· Gina K. Designs Happy Birthday Trio Die
· Simon Says Stamp Birthday Candles Die
· My Favorite Things Little Birthday Notes
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Strip 1 and Strip 2 Dies
· Hero Arts Circle Infinity Dies
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Cherry Red, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Simon Says Stamp Brushed Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Paper Accents Vellum
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot, Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango Base Weight Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Typing Paper
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Orange Sticky Back Foam
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape