Rainbow Sweet Wishes Cupcake
I love making cards and I make a lot of them, but I have more than I can use. I called one of our local assisted living centers and asked them if they could use some birthday cards. They said that would love them, they give cards to each of their residents on their birthday. So I went to work creating some cards for seniors.
I began by ink blending a panel of cardstock with rainbow oxide inks and cut the sentiment from it. The sentiment was also cut from sticky back foam. The two were adhered together.
I really liked the look of the rainbow sentiment, but now I needed a focal image to pair with it. I decided to use three of the small cupcakes from My Favorite Things All the Cupcakes. I stamped them with a light ink and colored them with Copic Markers. They were cut out with the coordinating dies, along with sticky back foam.
To add even more visual interest to the card a panel of cardstock was cut down with a stitched rectangle and dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. It was adhered to a top folding cardbase with liquid glue. The cupcakes and sentiment were adhered in place with the same glue. The final embellishments were to add Ranger Crystal Stickles to the frosting and Gold Stickles to the flame. Ranger Glossy Accents was added to the cherry and the card was done.
· My Favorite Things All the Cupcakes
· Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday
· Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans
· Copic Markers: R27, R24, R22; YR07, YR04, YR02; Y26, Y23, Y02; YG17, YG13, YG03; B95, B93, B91
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Ranger Gold and Crystal Stickles
· Ranger Glossy Accents
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle Die
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Darice Sticky Back Foam