Rainboot Planter Thinking of You
This die was included in a Simon Says Stamp monthly card kit a few years ago and I've never used it. It was time to create a card with this cute image.
The rainboot was cut from Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock and the image was colored with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers. A small paint brush was used to add veins in the flower petals and leaves.
The die was also used to cutout some Darice Sticky Back Foam and the two were adhered together by removing the backing paper. This adds great dimension to an image and is easy and quick to do.
A scalloped circle was cut from white cardstock and then dry embossed with the Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder. I went through my cardstock I have on hand and found a yellow that was close to the color I used on the rainboot. A rectangle was cut to be just smaller than an A2 card and then it was adhered to a top folding white cardbase. The scalloped rectangle was adhered in place with liquid glue and then the rainboot planter was adhered in the center, leaving a little more room at the bottom for the sentiment.
The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of yellow cardstock with black ink and cut into a flag sentiment strip. It was adhered with a thin strip of sticky back foam.
I liked it, but is just needed a little something extra. So I went through my sequins and found some that matched the flower colors. I also found these cute little purple flower sequins and scattered them around the boot and the card was done.
· Simon Says Stamp Rainboot Planter Die
· Altenew Thinking of You
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 051 Lemon Yellow, 052 Bright Yellow, 070 Orange, 024 Wine, 065 Mid Brown, 035 Deep Blue, 084 Deep Violet, 027 Dark Pink, 043 Olive Green, 092 Blue Gray, 032 Persian Blue
· Spellbinders Fancy Edged Oval Die
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Watercolor Cardstock
· Bazzill Yellow Cardstock from Stash
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Lucy’s Little Things Twilight Sequin
· Trinity Stamps Thank You Sequin
· Simon Says Stamp Clematis Sequins
· Buttons Galore Lilac Flower Sequins
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue