Put on Your Fancy Boots and Cowboy Hat and Celebrate
These boots are a little more realistic. I really liked the pattern on the boots. I had seen some boots similar to this that was black and brown, so those are colors of Copic Markers that were used. The hat was colored as a light brown Stetson.
Once the coloring was complete the images were fussy cut. A craft black was used to cut out the center of the cowboy hat so it could be placed on the top of one of the boots. All three items were adhered together with a little liquid glue and then low loft foam tape was added to the back.
A rectangle of kraft cardstock was dry embossed with a woodgrain embossing folder and then distress with a couple of brown inks. The boots and hat were adhered in the center by removing the backing paper on the foam.
The sentiment was created in Microsoft Word and cut out using a sentiment label die. It was adhered with foam tape as well, with a double layer on the portion of the label that overhung the stitched rectangle.
I went to place the focal image rectangle on an ivory cardbase, but it just was too stark, so I carefully embossed the front of the ivory cardbase with the same woodgrain folder, carefully lining us the grooves in the grain. I liked this much better.
· LePetiteMarker Doodle Cowboy Boots
· Microsoft Word Sentiment with Tinker Toy Font
· Copic Markers: C10, C8, C7, C6; E35, E34, E33, E31
· Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa and Dark Chocolate Inks
· Sizzix 3D Texture Lumber Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Spellbinders Small and Large Circle Dies
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory, Dark Chocolate and Kraft Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Labels Die