Purple Candles for Dale
Our wonderful friend in Washington is celebrating his 75th birthday. His favorite color is purple and so that is the color I used for his birthday card.
I went to my scraps of cardstock and found a light and dark purple. I used the Elizabeth Craft Birthday Candles dies and cut the upper layer from the dark purple and the base from the light. I also cut the flames from gold glitter cardstock. The flame have little centers and I colored them a little darker with a Copic Marker.
To assemble the card I cut down a panel of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die and then dry embossed it with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder. It was matted with some of the dark purple cardstock and adhered to a top folding cardbase. The candles were adhered in place with low loft foam tape.
The sentiment was stamped onto dark purple cardstock and heat embossed gold. It was cut into a flag sentiment strip using the Simon Says Stamp Sentiments Label Die and adhered underneath the candles with foam tape.
· Elizabeth Craft Birthday Candles Dies
· My Favorite Things Big Birthday Sentiments
· Copic Markers YR27 and YR68
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Bazzill Pansy Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Glitter Cardstock
· Purple Cardstock from Scraps
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue
· Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder