Pretty Daisy Happy Birthday To You
I had cut out this pretty daisy bouquet background to use on one of the watercolored word backgrounds in my previous card, but the busy word background and the busy daisy bouquet just wasn't a good fit. But, I couldn't just throw it away, so I decided to keep it simple.
I cut down the daisy background with a My Favorite Things A2 rectangle and used the next smallest size to cut another panel. The smaller panel was ink blended with a couple of Distress Oxide yellow inks and the daisy cutout panel was adhered over it with liquid glue. So bright and springy.
I used a scrap of cardstock to ink blend with the darker yellow ink and then heat embossed the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and white embossing powder. You have to make sure the Oxide ink has completely dry before embossing. I had to hit it a couple of times with my heat tool and liberally added anti-static powder. I was then cut out using a Pink & Main Sentiment Label and was adhered with a thin strip of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the focal image and adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase. At the last minute I decided to add white pearls. I debated about if it would make the card dimension too thick to go through regular mail. But it passes through the 1/4" requirement okay.
· Gina Marie Designs Cut In/Cut Out Daisy Bouquet
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Distress Oxide Inks: Wild Honey and Mustard Seed
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Pearls from Stash