Poppy Birthday Wishes
Updated: Mar 6
I pulled out Penny Black Pop Pop Poppy easy brushstroke stamp to create this card. I had recently seen Jill Foster use Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock on this type of stamp and it works beautifully to give you a lovely watercolored look.
This card was actually a little difficult to do, mainly because because of the black centers to the flowers. I actually stamped it twice, using the first card to see where I made mistakes. Even though the black blead into a little of one of the petals on one flower, it still turned out very pretty.
I used Arteza Real Brush Markers to color the image. This allows you to have different colors in different areas of the stamp. Once you lay down the color on the stamp you spritz it with water and then stamp. I did multiple stamping to get the depth of color I wanted and only stamped one color at a time. I used the black marker to a little more wispy look to the flower stamens.
When the stamping was dry I cut down the image with a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to a black top fold cardbase. I used a scrap of black cardstock to create a sentiment banner, heat embossed white, and adhered it using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
· Penny Black Pop Pop Poppy
· Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday
· Arteza Real Brush Markers: 112 Orange, 140 Cadmium Orange, 104 Noir, 146 Olive Green, 126 Crocodile Green
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive