Peony Terrace Thinking of You
I went to my completed card to find a thinking of you to send to someone I felt needed a little pick me up and only had one on had, so I decided to make some more. All-in-all I made seven different cards. They were all gold embossed onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth and watercolored with various mediums.
As I was looking through some of my flower stamps I found this background from The Ton. I like the images, but when stamping with black ink there is a lot of black that overwhelms the card Using gold embossing powder is better and gives it a more elegant feel.
I used ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color the background. When the watercolors were dry the panel was cut down with a stitched scalloped rectangle. There was an open spot on the card so I turned it to have a landscape orientation to add the sentiment there. The sentiment was stamped on black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. It was cut into a strip with a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label Die and I cut one end on the angle. It was adhered in place with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the watercolored panel and it was adhered to a side fold A2 pink cardbase and the card was done.
· The Ton Peony Terrace
· Studio Katia Floral Bunch Stamptember
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 022 Carmine Red, 021 Light Carmine, 080 Violet, 041 Light Green
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Passionate Pink and Black Onyx Cardstock
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
· Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue