Peach Poppies Happy Birthday
I love layering flowers. My favorites are from Honey Bee Stamps, but recently I saw Tina Smith using this beautiful poppy die from PaperTrey Ink. It is a smaller poppy flower than some of my other dies and I decided to give it a try. It is very easy to assemble and as you can see you have beautiful flowers when done.
For this card I decided to use Gina K. Designs Innocent Pink cardstock. It is a warm tone pink and I decided to use peach and light orange inks to add details to the edges and shadows on the card using a small blending brush and a detail blending brush from Waffle Flower to add the veins in the petals.
Black cardstock was used for the flower centers. Nuvo Crystal Drops were added to the stamen.
I knew that I wanted to create a landscape card so I placed a quarter sheet of cardstock on my desk to to determine placement. Once I had them arranged the way I liked Glad Press 'n Seal was used to hold it all together until you are ready to place them on the card front.
A quarter sheet of cardstock was cut down to the 4 x 5-1/4". A panel of black cardstock was cut 1/8" larger and the two were adhered together. It was adhered to a landscape A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
To add visual interest behind the flower blue ink was blended to the white panel through the Tim Holtz Faded Dots Stencil. One layer of foam tape was added to the flowers, except two layers were used on the largest flower on the right. Liquid glue was used for the buds, leaves, and stems. The Press 'n Seal was then turned over and the arrangement was placed on the card front.
The sentiment had been previous stamped and embossed white onto black cardstock and cut into a banner. It was pulled out of my stash and adhered in the bottom left with a combination of liquid glue and low loft foam tape.
· PaperTrey Ink Into the Blooms: Poppies Dies
· Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Peach Bellini, Tomato Soup, Jelly Bean Green, Sea Glass
· Copic Markers YG03
· Tim Holtz Dot Fad Stencil
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Innocent Pink, Jelly Bean Green, Onyx Black Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Nuvo Crystal Drops Ebony Black