Party Balloons Birthday Wishes
Several years ago I took an Online Card Class where we stenciled a shaped repeatedly. I ran across a card I had created during that class and decided to use the technique again. I have created six different cards with this method.
For this card I used a balloon die. I needed to create a stencil to use. I selected the size balloon I wanted and cut it from Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper. This makes a great stencil because it isn't too thick, but it holds up well to inking over and over again. You want to use the back of the paper for inking your shape.
I marked off the center of a quarter sheet of cardstock using a T-Square Ruler and a pencil. I then placed the balloon stencil where I wanted it on the panel and inked the center balloon, making sure to erase the pencil line before inking. I repeated this by shifting the circle to the left or right, overlapping the shape slightly and inked a row of balloons. Once the inking was done the panel was cut down with a stitched rectangle and matted with red cardstock. Red sticky back foam was added to the back and the panel was adhered to a landscape A2 cardbase.
The word "birthday" was cut from white cardstock and red sticky back foam. The two were adhered together by removing the backing paper on the foam. It way laid in place to determine where to stamp the secondary sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. The die cut word was adhered in place with liquid glue. A few sequins were scattered around the balloons, mainly because I got a smudge on the cardstock and didn't want to start over.
· Lawn Fawn Party Balloons
· My Favorite Things Cause to Celebrate Die
· Ellen Hutson Totally Random Sayings Vol. 2
· Altenew Inks: Autumn Blaze, Firebrick, Snapdragon, Fresh Lemon
· Gina K. Designs Red Hot Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot Cardstock
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Red Sticky Back Foam
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Doodlebug Designs Bumblebee and Tangerine Sequins
· Pretty Pink Posh Marigold Sequins
· Neat & Tangled Raspberry Mix Sequins
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive