Painted Happy Birthday Candles
This die set from Elizabeth Crafts makes a quick and easy card. I cut five of the candles from white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers, giving an ombre look with the darker color on the bottom. The candles were also cut from sticky back foam, paper side up, and adhered together by removing the backing paper.
The sentiment was cut from the same white cardstock and colored with both the blue and green markers. The word "birthday" was also cut from sticky back foam. A scrap of white cardstock was colored with the markers and then the secondary sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and Heat Embossed White. It was cut into a small strip using a Pink & Main Sentiment Strip.
A rectangle was cut from white cardstock using the My Favorite Things Stitched Tag Corner Rectangle Die and dry embossed with the Stampin' Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. It was adhered to a side folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
The balloons and cutout birthday sentiment were adhered in place with liquid glue. The secondary sentiment was adhered with a small piece of foam tape on the left where it didn't rest on the die cut word. Ranger Crystal Stickles were added to the flame of the candles and the card was done.
· Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Painted Happy Birthday Die
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· VersaMark Ink
· Copic Markers: G46, G24, YG03; YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01; Y19, Y17, Y15, Y13; BG18, BG57, BG45; BG59 BG49, B53, BG13, BG11
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· My Favorite Things Stitched Tag Corner Rectangle Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock