Ocean Scene Thank You
I've been making cards again for Meals on Wheels, so there is going to be a lot of thank you cards you will be seeing in my posts.
This first card is a masculine thank you and uses the new Gina K. Designs Time to Coast. There are some lovely images in this stamp set and my favorite is the lighthouse. It was stamped with Copic friendly black ink onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock and colored with Faber-Castell Aquarelle Pencils.
The sentiment was stamped with My Favorite Things Black Licorice Ink and the panel was cut down using a stitched rectangle die.
I decided to frame the scene using Hero Arts Wood Frame Infinity Dies, which were cut from kraft cardstock and then ink blended with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain inks. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the frame for a little dimension. I try to minimize dimension on the cards I create for Meals on Wheels so that they can use regular postage to send them.
I liked the way it looked, but decided to add a pop of color and matted the image with red cardstock, which really pulled out the red in the lighthouse. The panel was adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive and the card was done.
· Gina K. Designs Time to Coast
· Faber-Castell Aquarelle Pencils: 199 Black, 273 Warn Gray IV, 230 Cold Gray I, 144 Cobalt Blue-Greenish, 154 Light Cobalt Turquoise, 176 Van Dyck Brown, 121 Pale Geranium, 192 Indian Red, 109 Dark Chrome Yellow
· My Favorite Things Black Licorice Ink
· Distress Oxide Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Inks
· Hero Arts Wood Frame Infinity Dies
· Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft and Red Velvet Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape