Noble Deer Enjoy Your Day
Animals and Nature are always a good choice when creating a masculine card. I have some really great images. I pulled out the Stampin' Up Noble Deer and stamped it onto ivory cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa, then wiped away the ink for the grass and trees and used Altenew green ink cubes.
Once the stamping was complete Copic Markers were used to color in the image and scene. I decided to cut down the image using a circle die, and using two circle dies create a frame around the image. The frame was adhered to the focal image using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. If you take the back paper off both sides of the foam you can manipulate it to follow the curve of the circle.
I wanted to add some visual interest behind the focal image and dry embossed the front of a Kraft cardbase with the Sizzix 3D Texture Lumber Embossing Folder and then added a little Distress Walnut Stain to the ridges and edges. The circle was adhered to the top of the card front with liquid glue.
The sentiment was stamped onto Kraft cardstock with VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink and cut into a flag border. Small brass brads were added to each end and the sentiment was adhered using foam tape as well.
There was quite a bit of space between the image and the sentiment so I pulled out some ivory twine and wrapped it around the card three times and tied it into a bow.
· Stampin’ Up Noble Deer
· Poppy Stamps Birthday Blowout
· Sizzix 3D Texture Lumber Embossing Folder
· Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
· Distress Walnut Stain Ink
· Altenew Olive and Sea Glass Ink
· Copic Markers: #29, E27, E25, E23, E21; E57, E53; YG99, YG93; YG67, YG17
· My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX Die
· Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banners
· Small Antique Brass Brads
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory and Kraft Cardstock
· Ivory Twine from Stash