Nature's Glory Time to Celebrate
Updated: Mar 10
This stamp makes me think that spring is coming. It is another Penny Black easy brushstroke stamp.
To used these stamps you color different areas of the stamp with a watercolor medium. You could use regular watercolor tubes and drop the color onto the stamp, but I find the easiest way is to use watercolor markers. I used Arteza Real Brush Markers. I only stamp one color at a time. I scribble the color onto the stamp, spritz it with water and then stamp it onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I used other watercolor papers, but I think that the Bristol Smooth works best. I usually two to three times to get the depth of color I desire. For the blue flowers I used two different colors, a darker blue at the tips.
Once the coloring was dry I cut down the image with a stitched rectangle and then stamped the sentiment in the lower right of the card. I recently purchased VersaFine Clair Nocturn Ink and it is amazing. Only one stamp and you have a crisp, dark sentiment.
I added sticky back foam to the back of the panel and adhered it to a top folding black cardbase. Some gold droplets were scattered around the image and the card was done.
· Penny Black Nature’s Glory
· Clearly Besotted Simply Said Birthday
· Arteza Real Brush Markers: 108 Bright Blue, 117 Arctic Blue, 182 Wine, 122 Moss, 104 Noir
· VersaFine Claire Nocturne Ink
· Fun Stampers Journey Fashion Gold Droplets
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive