Mountain Forest Thinking of You
I am needing masculine thinking of you cards, since I plan to send one a week to my uncle who last his wife of 73 years a couple of weeks ago. I saw this stamp set on Amazon and ordered it. It is not a good quality photopolymer stamp, but worked okay.
I stamped it with Memento Toffee Crush Ink and then ink blended the edges with blue for the sky and green for the grass. I also used a little purple that was leftover on my blending brush for the mountains. I then added more color and details with Copic Markers. I also used a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen to highlight the snow on the mountain tops.
Once the coloring was complete it was cut down using a stitched rectangle and the sentiment was stamped in the lower center of the panel with VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back to add some dimension.
I tried a lot of different colored card bases and eventually settled on a dark chocolate brown. I wanted to add some additional focal interest and dry embossed the front of the cardbase using the Stampin' Up Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder. The focal image panel was adhered in place with liquid glue.
· Amazon China Mountain Forest Background
· Altenew Thinking of You
· Distress Oxide Inks: Bundled Sage, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass
· Copic Markers: E08, E07, E29, E55; YG95, YG93, YG91; G46, G43, G24, G21; G43, G20; YG17, YG25, YG03; V95, V91; W5, W2, C3; V09, V25, V22;
· Memento Toffee Crunch Ink
· VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Sakura White Gelly Roll 08 Pen
· Gina K. Designs Layering and Heavy Weight Ivory Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Dark Chocolate Cardstock
· Stampin’ Up Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue