Mountain Air Birthday Wishes
When I pull out a stamp I try and use it multiple times, particularly for a new stamp. For this card I used the Stampin' Up Mountain Air stamp and die set. I stamped the mountains and the tree twice onto Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and die cut them with the coordinating dies.
A rectangle of white cardstock was cut using a stitched rectangle die and ink blended with blue at the top and green at the bottom.
One layer of Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the mountain range, which was adhered to the background rectangle by ,removing the backing paper. Two layers were added to the back of the first tree line which was adhered below the mountain range. The second tree line was laid onto the stitched rectangle background to see where to cut the bottom of the image so that it was below the first line of trees. The bottom was ink blended green and three layers of foam was added to the back.
A circle of cardstock was ink blended with yellow to create a sun, which was tucked behind the mountain range. Flying birds were stamped with black ink. I was going to have two sets, but the first I stamped upside down. I always planned on adding a few die cut clouds, but this necessitated cutting an extra cloud to coverup my mistake. The sun and two clouds were adhered with liquid glue and couple of additional clouds were adhered with foam tape.
I decided to add a couple of tree to the foreground of the image. The white outline of the die cut trees was too stark so a light dusting of green ink was added to the edges and they were adhered in place with foam tape.
A hot foil sentiment was pulled out of my stash. Leaving it white didn't look good on the card, so I ink blended scraps of cardstock green and blue to see which I liked best. I decided to ink blend the sentiment with blue and adhered it in place with a strip of foam tape.
There were a lot of layers of foam tape used on this card, but because the Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape has a low loft it can still be sent through regular mail with extra postage for Non Machine Sort.
· Stampin’ Up Mountain Air
· Spellbinders Glimmer Everyday Sentiments II
· Crafters Companion Papercraft Gold Foil
· Gina K. Design Fresh Warm Cocoa, Asparagus, Jelly Bean Green Inks
· Altenew Evening Gray, Morning Frost, Iceberg, Fresh Yellow Inks
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Copic Markers G94, G82
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Dark Chocolate Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Ranger Crystal Stickles
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Hero Arts Infinity Circle Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die