This is the second card I made with an image from the Stampin' Up Moonlake set. It was stamped on ivory layering weight cardstock with Memento Toffee Crunch Ink.
The sky and grass was ink blended with Distress Oxide Inks and then details were added with Copic Markers.
The image was cut down using a circle die. The same circle die was used to cut some sticky back foam and the two were adhered together by removing the backing paper.
A rectangle of teal cardstock was cut using a stitched rectangle die. When placing the focal image there was a lot of open space at the bottom of the circle and so I decided to use a large die cut sentiment. The background was cut from ivory cardstock and then ink blended with the blue ink used for the sky. It was also cut from sticky back foam, but the top portion of the foam was cut away where it overlapped the focal image circle. The words were cut from the same teal cardstock three times and adhered together with liquid glue. The circle and sentiment were adhered together with liquid glue and adhered to the front of the teal rectangle. My Mind's Eye Wood Dots were placed around the sentiment.
I really didn't like the way the teal sentiment looked. It was too prominent and distracting. So, I cut the sentiment again from woodgrain cardstock that was close to the color of the wood dots and adhered them over the teal sentiment words, slightly offset so a little of the teal was peeking through. I liked this much better.
· Stampin’ Up Moon Lake (Bird)
· Hefty Doodle Shadow Thinking of You Die
· Distress Oxide Inks: Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass
· Copic Markers: G46, G43; G85, E29, E25, E23; V06; Y19, Y13, Y11; B97, B93, B91; Y13, Y11, Y35; YR24, YR27
· Memento Toffee Crunch Ink
· Gina K. Designs Layering and Heavy Weight Ivory Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Tranquil Teal Cardstock
· Photo Play Tweet Tweet Woodgrain Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX Die
· My Mind’s Eye Just Splendid Wood Dots
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive