Mondo Sakura Have a Beautiful Day
I must have been on a black and pink kick, since this is the third card I made with this color scheme.
The image was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then colored with some Karin Brushmarker Pro pens. This time I used a more watered down pink color, keeping the intensity of the pink in the flower centers and then fading to a pale pink on the tips of the petals.
When the watercolor was dry the image was cutout using the coordinating die. Low loft foam tape was added to the back.
A panel of black cardstock was cut using a stitched rectangle die. It was adhered to a top folding white cardbase with Darice Sticky Back Foam.
The flower was laid on the back panel to determine where to stamp the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and then heat emboss white.
Low loft foam tape was added to the back of the flower and it was adhered to the panel panel by removing the backing tape.
Iridescent crystals were scattered around the image.
As I went to post this card I decided that I wanted to use a technique I've seen by Kelly Taylor and color the white areas that were not cut out with the die black to match the background. I like it better. I've included both photos so you can see the difference.
· Ellen Hutson Mondo Sakura
· Hero Arts Birthday Messages
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Karin Brushmarker Pro: Cerise 375, Lush Green 228
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Studio Katia Iridescent Snow Crystals
· Copic Marker 100