Mexico’s National Flower Enjoy Every Moment Dahlia
Every day I have a new screen image on my laptop. Today's took my breath away it was so gorgeous. It was a large Dahlia that looked almost translucent. I didn't come close to capturing how beautiful it was. I just didn't have the right colors in my Copic Markers.
I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with Copic Markers. When the coloring was complete I fussy cut the image and added foam tape to the back.
I wanted to add some visual interest behind the dahlia and so I cut a stitched rectangle and dry embossed it with Simon Says Stamp's Vine Canopy 3D Embossing Folder and adhered the flower in place with low loft foam tape.
I cut the "enjoy" sentiment three times from black cardstock and adhered them together with liquid glue. It was adhered in the lower right of the background panel. I colored a scrap of cardstock with the same colors used on the flowers and stamped the secondary sentiment and cut it down with a sentiment label die. It was adhered with a couple of thin pieces of low loft foam tape.
I matted the focal image rectangle onto some black cardstock and adhered it to a top folding A2 white cardbase.
· Power Poppy Dahlia XL
· Simon Says Stamp Painted Enjoy Die
· Penny Black Good Wishes
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· Copic Markers: RV17, RV14, R22, R21, R20, R05, R02, R01; E0000
· Simon Says Stamp Vine Canopy 3D Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive