Make it Epic Embossed Balloon Bouquet
I haven't made any birthday cards since my surgery and I am beginning to run low, so I decided to make a masculine card with balloons.
I pulled out the larges balloons from Birch Press Designs' Party Balloon Dies. I didn't use the largest balloon, but I used the next three sizes and cut them from Hammermill 100# White Cardstock. I've seen a lot of people adding ink to dry embossed panel lately and decided to give that a try on the balloons. I ran them through with three different embossing folders and used three different inks to bring out the pattern of the folders. I really liked the way it turned out.
I added sticky back foam to the back of the balloons, cutting away the foam where the balloons overlap. Baker's twine was added for the balloons strings. I didn't like the way they looked on a white cardbase, so a panel of Gina K. Designs Sea Foam cardstock was cut into a quarter sheet and then run through the die cutting machine with the largest Lawn Fawn Stackable Rectangle, which is the same size as an A2 card. The edges were ink blended with Simon Says Stamp Surf Pawsitively Saturated Ink. The balloons were adhered in place with liquid glue. The strings were wrapped around the panel and adhered in the back with some tape and then the panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
The sentiment was stamped with a darker green ink and cut out with the coordinating die. I didn't want it to be stark white on the balloon so it was ink blended with the lighter green ink used on the balloon and adhered in place with low loft foam tape.
I felt like the card needed a little something more, so I pulled out my stash of gold mirror confetti and adhered a few above the balloons. I think it finished off the card nicely.
· Birch Press Design Party Balloon Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Cue the Confetti Stamp and Die
· Altenew Connected 3D Embossing Folder
· Spellbinders Dazzling Dots Embossing Folder
· Stampin’ Up Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Cadette, Surf, Fairway, Field
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Sea Glass Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangle Die
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Blue, Turquoise, and Green Baker’s Twine from Stash
· Darcie Sticky Back Foam
· Your Next Stamp Confetti Background Die