Make a Wish Birthday Candles
I had a few scraps of leftover alcohol ink background and decided to create a card. I barely had enough to cut five candles from the blue and green background. Three for the card and two for the envelope.
I cut an oval from Neenah Classic Crest 80#Solar White Cardstock using an Ellen Hutson Essential Oval, which cuts both an oval and a thin border. I cut it again from gold mirror cardstock. A quarter sheet of Neenah Classic Crest 80#Solar White Cardstock and dry embossed it with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. I laid the panel with the negative oval onto the embossed panel which allowed me to ensure that the thin oval frame was adhered correctly.
The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink on the bottom of the oval and heat embossed gold. An oval of Darice sticky back foam was cut using the same die and then cut down to be slightly smaller and adhered to the back. The candle flames were cut from gold mirror cardstock. The flames were cut from the alcohol ink candles and the the gold flames were glued in place. The three candles were glued to the oval, and then the oval was adhered into the center of the gold frame with liquid glue.
I decided to add the panel to a Gina K. Designs Turquoise Sea cardbase. The edges were darkened with Distress Oxide Peacock Feather Ink and the panel was then adhered with liquid glue.
· Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles
· Ellen Hutson Essential Oval
· Mama Elephant Make a Wish
· Ranger Blue and Green Alcohol Inks
· Ranger Gilded Alloy Alcohol Ink
· Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
· Distress Oxide Peacock Feather Ink
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Turquois See
· Neenah Classic Crest 80#Solar White Cardstock
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Tombo Mono Multi Glue