Magnificent Magnolia Awesome at any Age
I am having knee replacement surgery this middle of this month and so I needed to get some cards done so I have some on hand while I won't be crafting for awhile. For this card I decided to pull out my Karin Brushmaker Pro watercolors. I have found that these watercolor pens have more vibrant colors than the ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Makers. Both make beautiful cards, but I was feeling like having more intense colors.
This card uses one of the images from the Clearly Besotted Magnificent Magnolia stamp set. It was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
Once the watercolor was dry it was cut out using the coordinating die. I decided to adhere it with low loft foam tape to a black oval die cut. It was then adhered to a top folding cardbase with the same foam tape. I liked the way it looked, but it the contrast was pretty stark with all the white space around the oval, so I cut a thin frame of black and added it to the card front and liked the look much better.
The sentiment was a strip I had previously stamped and die cut, which makes it easy to pull something out and use on a card.
The final embellishment was to scatter iridescent crystals around the image.
· Clearly Besotted Magnificent Magnolia
· My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Birthday
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Karin Brushmarker Pro: Olive Green 281, Magenta 359, Pale Orange 357
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Black Onyx Cardstock
· Gina Marie Designs Pierced Chain Oval Die
· Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Studio Katia Iridescent Snow Crystals