A couple of times a month I make a card and include a talk by one of my church's general authorities. I send them to people who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. My distribution just keeps growing and I now send out twelve cards every two weeks.
My last message was from M. Russell Ballard entitled "God's Love for His Children." Elder Ballard talks about a bouquet of roses that he gave his wife and how gloriously beautiful they were as they slowly opened into full bloom. If we look around us, each day we can see the hand of the Master Creator. Of all his creations we are his greatest, for we are created in his image. At the end of his talk, Elder Ballard encourages us to stop and smell the roses.
I decided to pull out the beautiful layering rose die from Honey Bee Stamps for the front of the cards. Since it is fall I decided to make an orange rose. The layers of the die were ink blended with different depths of inks. The last few layers details were added with Copic Markers.
To add visual interest behind the flower I stencil a light green leaf pattern. The flower was then adhered in place with liquid glue. For the cards I sent out I created a sentiment in Microsoft Word saying "Take time to smell the roses." However, I forgot to take a picture before sending them out, so I created another card exactly the same but added a birthday sentiment instead. It includes a die cut word and secondary greeting stamped with orange ink below.
This card has a lot of dimension and you will need to add extra postage to mail. I have a stamp that says "Non Machineable" which is that the post office uses to designate cards that need to be hand sorted.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Roses Dies
· Simon Says Stamp Hand Painted Enjoy Die
· Simon Say Stamp Tiny Words
· Gina K. Designs Inks: Faded Brick Coral Reef, Tangerine Twist, Sweet Mango, Dark Sage
· Altenew Inks: Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks Celery
· Copic Markers YR07, YR04
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Coral Reef and Fresh Asparagus Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Brushed Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Gina Marie Designs Patterned Leaf Stencil
· Gina Marie Designs Chain Rectangle Die