Lovely Layers Hydrangea Wishing You All That is Happy
This is the second card I made with Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Hydrangea. This time I colored it like the hydrangeas I had when I lived in Richland, Washington. They were a lovely periwinkle purple, but they would change to a blue based on the alkaline in the soil. These have just a hint of blue at the center of the flowers.
The layers and leaves were cut from white cardstock and then ink blended, making sure there was darker color on the layers that were seen after the next layer was applied. For the last three flower layer and the single flower low loft foam tape was added to the back for some dimension. I decided to use gold mirror cardstock for the center of the flowers and really liked the way that looked.
A rectangle was cut using Penny Black's Swirly Stitched die. To help the smaller rectangle stand out on the card Stampin' Up's Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder was used on the card front.
The flower and leaves were laid on the rectangle to determine where to stamp the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss it gold.
Because there was already a lot of dimension on the card the finished flowers were adhered to the rectangle with liquid glue.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Hydrangea Dies
· Honey Bee Stamps Birthay Wishes
· Crafter’s Companion Gold Foil
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Heather, Violet, Iris; Marine; Dublin, Lucky
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Momma Foam Tape
· Penny Black Swirly Stitched Rectangle
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder