Lovely Layered Tulips Happy Birthday
Honey Bee Stamps has the prettiest layered flower dies and this new tulip one is gorgeous.
I began by cutting the flowers and leaves from Gina K. Designs Grass Green and Dusty Rose Cardstock. The flower center was cut from a scrap of yellow cardstock in my stash. Shadows and veins were added using Copic Markers. The petals of the flowers were adhered together using a combination of liquid glue and Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape.
A panel of white cardstock was cut down using a scalloped rectangle and the flowers, stems, and leaves were adhered in place with liquid glue. The panel was then adhered to a top folding white cardbase.
I loved the flowers, but I wasn't loving the plain white background. So I pulled out some Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass and tried to ink blend around the tulips, but that didn't work. In fact I got a little of the blue ink on the flowers and recolored areas with the pink Copic Markers. They still have a little blue cast, but are still lovely. What I finally did was pull out my Un-Du Adhesive Remover to lift the flowers off the panel and start again. I did have to cut a couple of the stems again since they are delicate and didn't come off cleaning with the adhesive remover.
Another panel of white cardstock was cut using the scalloped rectangle. This time I pulled out the Stampers Anonymous Burlap Stencil and ink blended the Tumbled Glass Ink into the center of the scalloped rectangle. The flowers and leaves were again adhered in place.
There was a perfect area for a sentiment underneath the large leaf on the left. It was stamped using VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink. The final embellishment was to scatter some Studio Katia Gold Foil Confetti around the flowers and Nuvo Golden Sunset Glitter Drops to the flower center.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Tulips
· Simon Says Stamp Square Sayings
· Stampers Anonymous Burlap Stencil
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
· Copic Markers: R89, RV17, R85, R83, R81; G99, YG67, YG17; YR27, YR23, YR21
· Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Barely Art Precision Craft Glue
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Studio Katia Gold Foil Confetti
· Nuvo Golden Sunset Glitter Drops
· Gina K. Designs Grass Green and Dusty Rose Base Weight Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock