Leafy Thank You with Floral Accents
I was in Michael's the other day and say this pretty leafy border stamp on sale and decided to give it try. Using my MISTI I stamped it first with a light ink and colored it with Copic Markers. I then stamped it again with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold.
I decided to add a gold mirror die cut thank you sentiment from Karen Burniston to the center of the frame. The panel was cut down using an Essential by Ellen Rectangle. These not only cut a rectangle, but also a thin border. Using the same die a border of gold mirror cardstock was cut and the two were adhered together creating a love gold border around the image. Gold confetti was scattered around the die cut sentiment.
It was pretty, but it lacked color. So, I decided to add some foiled flower accents. Using my Gemini Foil Press is foiled several small flowers and leaves, cut them out with the matching dies, and colored them with Copic Markers. The flowers were then adhered with a combination of liquid glue and foam. Gold rhinestones were added to some of the flower centers. I liked this much better. I guess I need a little color on a card to give it some jazz. I've included both versions below. You can let me know which version you liked best.
· Recollections Floral Frame
· Karen Burniston Thank You
· Spellbinders Glimmer Diamond Floral Frame
· Spellbinders Glimmer Foliage Border
· Gemini Papercraft Gold Foil
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder
· Copic Markers: YG99, YG97, YG95; G24, G21; YG23, YG21; G29, G46, G43; G99, G94; G28, G43; G07, G02; YG67, YG17, YG03; RV25, RV23, RV21, RV00; RV14
· Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Studio Katia Gold Foil Confetti