Layered Cake Surprise Celebrate You
I've used this die before and wanted to create a masculine version. I pulled out Reverse Confetti Warm Heart Patterned Paper and selected a couple of different patterned paper, along with a light blue from scraps to cut the layers of the cake.
When you cut the layers of the cake the bottom two layers have small slits that allow the next layer to be inserted. I recommend that you watch the YouTube video by Tina which shows details on how to assemble the cake. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pB7-bUzc0I)
I reinforced around the slits by adding a thin strip of cardstock to the top back of the slit. The candle was assembled with the light blue and navy cardstock, the same light blue as the frosting on the cake. The flame was cut from gold glitter cardstock. The layers were adhered together with liquid glue, leaving an opening between the front and back layers of the candle to adhere it to the top layer of the cake. The word "pull" was stamped with Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass ink. The sentiment was stamped Gina K. Designs Blue Denim Ink on the frosting. A secondary sentiment was stamped on the middle layer of the cake with the same blue ink.
Once you have the pieces of the cake assembled you add thin strips of foam tape to the bottom and side of the base cake layer, being sure that you do not obstruct the movement of the top two layers. I wanted to add some visual interest to the frosting by adding clay sprinkles. I added visual interest behind the cake by cutting a rectangle of Gina K. Designs Whisper Cardstock with a stitched rectangle and dry embossed it with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots Embossing Folder. A rectangle of navy cardstock was cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and adhered to a top folding white cardbase.
· Spellbinders Layer Cake Surprise
· Spellbinders Sugar Coated Sentiments
· My Favorite Things Sugar Coated Sentiments
· Gina K. Designs Blue Denim Ink
· Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass Ink
· Spellbinders Sweet Sprinkles
· Cuttlebug Spots and Dots Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Reverse Confetti Warm Heart Patterned Paper
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Whisper Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Light Blue and Navy Cardstock from Scraps
· American Craft Gold Glitter Cardstock
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive