I had all the balloon centers leftover from the previous card I made and decided to put them to use.
I took a piece of copy paper and added a few strips of removable dotliner adhesive and placed the balloon die cut on the adhesive. This hold them in place while you ink blend them.
I recently purchase this great die from Waffle Flower that has great balloon strings. I cut several from black cardstock and adhered them to the bottom of the balloons. I then arranged the balloons to create a background on the card. I quickly decided it looked better in a landscape orientation.
I cut a rectangle using a die and then dry embossed it to add texture. The flowers were arranged as I liked them and then picked up using Glad Press 'n Seal. Small strips of low loft foam tape was added to the back of the balloons and liquid glue was used on the strings. The Press 'n Seal was then turned over and it was easy to place all the balloons at once. The overhanging balloons and strings were cut off using scissors.
The sentiment was stamped on black cardstock and cut with a sentiment label die. It was adhered at the bottom of the balloons with low loft foam tape. I decided to mat the back of the balloon rectangle with black, the the panel was adhered to a landscape card base.
The final embellishment was to add use a clear sparkle pen on the balloons.
· Simon Says Stamp Balloon Background
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks Lemonade, Cadette, Sprout, Surf, Peachy, Orchid, Blush
· Waffle Flower Balloon Ties Die
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Simon Says stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Stampin’ Up Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder