Kindness is a Gentle Touch
I bought these feather dies years ago for a theme in young women's at church and have never used them since. I thought they could make great visual interest for a masculine thank you card
I cut the feathers for Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and ink blended them with Distress Oxides in colors that I felt you might actually see in feathers. I then ink blended the edges with brown. There were adhered together with liquid glue and strips of sticky back foam was added to the back for dimension.
I wanted a sentiment that would go along with the feathers and didn't have one in my stamps, so I created this one in Microsoft Word and cut it with a ribbon tag, distressed the edges, and threaded it with brown and white saddle ribbon.
I decided to use a light woodgrain paper behind the feathers and sentiment and cut it down to cover the front of an A2 cardbase. It was adhered with dotliner adhesive and the feathers and sentiment were adhered in place with liquid glue. The ribbon was adhered to the back of the panel with Scotch Tape prior to adhering.
· Cuttlebug Feathers & Arrows
· My Mind’s Eye Wood 6x6 Designer Paper
· Offray Brown & White Side Saddle Ribbon
· Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio
· Distress Oxide Inks: Vintage Photo, twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Tumbled Glass, Broken China
· Copic Markers BG000, YG01
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Microsoft Word Sentiment
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Line Adhesive
· Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory Cardstock