Jubilant Birthday Wishes
Updated: Mar 10, 2021
This is the last card I created using a Penny Black easy brushstroke stamp.
I scribbled a couple of colors of wine red onto the flowers and butterfly, keeping away from the stamen on the flowers, and spritzed the stamp with water. It was then stamped onto some Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I did this several times for a good image and depth of color. I then stamped the green onto the leaves and branch, adding a little brown to the edges and spritzing them with water and stamping. I added yellow to the stamen in the same process.
Once the watercoloring was dry the image was cut down with a stitched rectangle. I enhanced the stamen by coloring them in with the marker and added some black legs to the butterfly with a Pigma Micron Pen. The panel was matted with black cardstock and sticky back foam was added to the back for dimension. The panel was then adhered to a top folding cardbase.
The final embellishment was to scatter some gold confetti around the image.
· Penny Black Jubilant
· Gina K. Designs Birthday Greetings
· Arteza Real Brush Markers: 110 Mulberry Pink, 182 Wine Red, 107 Neon Pink, 150 Pea Green, 164 Walnut Brown, 104 Noir, 156 Sunset Yellow
· Studio Katia Gold Foil Confetti
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive