It's Your Birthday Wild Flowers
Updated: Jul 23
I wan't really thrilled with the way this card looked and so I decided to add a few more flowers. I like it much better.
In browsing Pinterest I saw a card using the Honey Bee Stamps Wild Flowers layering dies. I have those dies, so I decided to create a card using them.
All the layers of the flowers and stems were cut from white cardstock and then ink blended. I cut extra top layers of the flowers and put them in place with some removable tape to ink blend the stems. I saved those die cuts to use on future projects.
The flower on the right was originally ink blended with turquoise ink with purple ink on the edges, but I didn't like the way it looked with the blue bells, so I cut it again and ink blended the layers with purple ink. If you look closely you can see a little turquoise peeking through on the back layer. Low loft foam tape was added to add dimension when adhered the top of each flower.
I wanted to add some visual interest behind the flowers, so I pulled out this new die I had purchased from Gina Marie Designs. I the stitched polka dot edge. To allow the polka dots to stand out I decided to mat it with black cardstock. It was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The flowers were adhered in place with liquid glue.
The sentiment was stamped on black cardstock with VersaMark Ink, heat embossed white, and cut out using a sentiment die. It was adhered in place with low loft foam tape.
Pink, purple, and blue pearls were scattered around the bottom of the flower arrangement. I decided to add some Nuvo Crystal Drops to the center of the flowers and the card was done.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Wildflowers Dies
· Spellbinders Four Petal Thank You Floral
· Simon Says Stamp Layered Daisy Stem
· Anlan-Angel Flower and Leaves
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Sprout, Fairway, Celery, Limelicious, Pearfection, Marine, Cadette, Lilac, Orchid, Bubblegum, Lemonade, Surf
· Copic Markers: V17, V15, YR24, YR21
· Gina Marie Designs Chain Rectangle Die
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· Moioviet Imitation Mixed Colors Pearls
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
· Nuvo Crystal Drops English Mustard and Apple Green