Music has always been a big part of my life. My husband and I always call friends and family and sing them happy birthday. It always makes them smile. I love how you can combine different companies to make a great card.
I started by stamping My Favorite Things MG Musical Notes Background with VersaMark Ink onto a 6 x 6 sheet of white cardstock and heat embossing it white. I then pulled out a rainbow of Distress Oxide Ink colors and blended the background. It was then cut down with the largest My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle die and adhered to a top folding cardbase.
I stamped several of the musical instruments from Honey Bee Stamps Music Speaks with black ink onto white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. I went online to ensure I colored them realistically with actual guitars and saxophone. Once coloring was complete they were cut out using the coordinating dies. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back and they were arranged and adhered to the front of the musical notes background.
The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Jungle Vibes. It was stamped with black and then cut into a flagged strip. Foam tape was added to the back and it was adhered below the musical instruments.
A bright and colorful musical birthday card.
· Honey Bee Stamps Music Speaks
· My Favorite Things Jungle Vibes
· My Favorite Things BG Musical Notes Background
· Distress Oxide Inks: Prize Ribbon, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Candied Apple, Dusty Concord
· Copic Markers: YR27, YR24, YR23, YR21; R29, R27, R24; B28 B26, B23; G94, G24, YG67, YG17, YG23, YG03, YG01; C9, C7, C6, C5, C3, C0; E47, E44, E43; E37, E35, E34, E33, E30; E42, E41, E40
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle