Ink on Craft Balloons: Make it Epic
I had several Kraft balloons leftover from my previous card and decided to put them to use on another card. I ink blended the balloons cutout using Distress Oxide Inks for the yellow and orange. I also used Oxide inks for the red, but didn't like the way it looked so I cut another balloon from Kraft cardstock and ink blended it with regular Distress Inks.
On the orange and yellow balloons I used the stencil patterns that are part of the Cue the Confetti set and ink blended them with darker inks than the balloons. I also decided to add some Ranger Crystal Stickles for added shine.
On the red balloon the sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. Gold and cream Bakers Twine was added to the balloons for strings.
A quarter sheet of ivory cardstock was cut down using a stitched rectangle die and then dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder. The yellow balloon was adhered to this panel with liquid glue. Low loft foam tape was added to the back of the orange balloon. 3M 1/2" Foam Tape was added to the back of the red balloon, except where it overlapped the orange balloon and the low loft foam tape was used there.
The strings were wrapped around the embossed panel and adhered in place with Scotch Tape. The panel was then adhered to a top folding Kraft Cardbase with liquid glue.
· Birch Press Designs Party Balloons Die
· Simon Says Stamp Cue the Confetti
· Distress Oxide Inks: Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey
· Distress Ink: Lumber Jack Plaid
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Details Embossing Powder
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft and Ivory Cardstock
· Cuttlebug Happy Birthday Embossing Folder
· Cream and Gold Baker’s Twine
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Simon Says Stamp All the Balloons Patterns Stencil
· Bo Bunny Cascade Stars Stencil
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Ranger Crystal Stickles