One of the sisters I minister to at church has a little girl that turned two this week. I wanted to create a shaker card for her. Little kids love the sound of a card that shakes, moms probably not as much after several hours.
I had this cut image from Wild Rose, but I didn't have a coordinating die. So I stamped and scanned it and imported it into the Silhouette Cameo Software and traced around the image and added a shadow to the outline and cut it out of Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock. The stamped image was colored with Copic Markers.
Clear acetate was added to the back of the cutout and then double thick 3M 1/2" Foam Tape was added around the cutout to create the shaker well. I didn't want the beads to fall down to the elephant, so a thin strip of foam tape was added to where the balloon strings gathered. Purple and pink seed beads were laid on the balloons. The backing paper was removed from the foam tape and the cutout panel was carefully placed over the image and beads. A little pink bow as added over the thin strip of foam tape at the bottom of the balloon strings.
A sentiment was stamped with purple ink at the bottom of the card front. I think it turned out cute and little Fern will love it.
· Wild Rose Studio Bunch of Balloons
· Simon Says Stamp Birthday Bash
· My Favorite Things Bitty Birthday Wishes
· Lawn Fawn Sunny Skies
· Copic Markers: BG15, BG13, BG11; V06, V04, V01; RV25, RV23, RV21; R20, C5, C4, C3, C2, C1
· My Favorite Things Little Numbers Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Distress Oxide Villainous Potion and Pick Raspberry Ink
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· Mikuki Seed Beads Silver Lined Pink and Lilac
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Wild Lilac, Bubblegum Pink
· Silhouette Scan and Cut
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Judikins Acetate Sheet
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Be Creative 1/8” Double-sided Tape
· Michael Pink Striped Ribbon