Himalayan Poppy Thinking of You
I like the lacy look to these Himalayan Poppies. Poppies come in so many different colors. I decided to watercolor these a light brown and bright yellow.
The image was stamped on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Gina K. Designs Amalgam ink. ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Makers were used to color the image. The light brown color was added to the center of a petal and then pulled out half way using the bright yellow. A damp water brush was used to soften the bright yellow and pull it to the tip, leaving it much lighter than the rest of the petal.
The image was cut down using a scalloped rectangle die. A larger scalloped rectangle was cut from Gina K. Designs Fresh Asparagus and then dry embossed using the Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder. This is one of my favorite embossing folder. It add a lovely linen look. The green rectangle was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive. Darice Stick Back Foam was added to the back of the focal image rectangle and adhered in place using liquid glue.
The final embellishment was to add some gold sequins around the flowers.
· C. C. Designs Himalayan Poppy
· LDRS Creative If Friends Were Flowers
· ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 052 Bright Yellow, 061 Light Brown, 070 Orange, 062 Dark Brown, 043 Olive Green
· Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Fresh Asparagus Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Barely Arts Precision Craft Glue
· Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Sequins
· Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder
· Darice Sticky Back Foam