I am having knee replacement surgery the middle of this month and so I needed to get some cards done so I have some on hand while I won't be crafting for awhile. For this card I decided to pull out my Karin Brushmaker Pro watercolors. I have found that these watercolor pens have more vibrant colors than the ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Makers. Both make beautiful cards, but I was feeling like having more intense colors.
This card uses a beautiful image from Concord & 9th. I love the way it includes the black splatters. It was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
I love the way the colors turned out on this card. It doesn't have a coordinating so I used an essential oval die to cut the image. I decided to use a larger oval die to cutout a cardbase from green cardstock. The watercolored image was adhered to the front with liquid glue.
For the sentiment I decided to use a combination of a die cut and a sentiment strip. The strip has been previous stamped and embossed. The die cut "birthday" was cut four times from black cardstock and adhered together with liquid glue and then adhered to the card with the same glue. The sentiment strip was adhered with low loft foam tape.
The final embellishment was to add iridescent crystals around the image.
· Concord & 9th Hello Lovely
· My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Birthday
· Sizzix Celebrate Die
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Karin Brushmarker Pro: Pale Orange 357, Rose Wood 272, Orange Red 051, 170 Magenta Red, 447 Olive Black, Curry 297, Olive Green 281
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Limited Papers Accent Opaque White 120# Cover Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Black Onyx Cardstock
· Dark Green Bazzill Cardstock from Stash
· Spellbinders Essential Oval Dies
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Die
· Studio Katia Bubble Iridescent Crystals