Sadly we have been in need of sympathy cards lately and when my husband used one this weekend it was time to make a few more to have on hand. I pulled out this beautiful image from Gina K. Designs and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
When I think of sympathy card I think of soft colors. I decided to color the flower bouquet with soft pinks and love the way it turned out. When the coloring was complete I cut down the image with a stitched rectangle. I wanted to keep the little leaf at the top and so I angled the cutting plates so that it would cut around the leaf.
The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink. This is the best black ink I have found and I've tried many. Darice sticky back foam was added to the back of the flower panel. To add visual interest the front of a top folding cardbase was dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder. The flower panel was adhered in place with liquid glue and a large stamping block was placed on top while the glue dried to ensure it got good contact with the embossed surface of the cardbase.
· Gina K. Designs Heartfelt Bouquet
· Penny Black Heartfelt
· Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Copic Markers: R85, R83, R81; RV95, RV93, RV91; YG17, YG25, YG03; G46, G43, G21; Y25, Y21
· Darice Sticky Back Foam
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
· Ranger Glossy Accents