Heartfelt Happy Birthday
My high school best friend Bev has a birthday coming up in December. Since I'm not sure we will be in a new home by then and my craft supplies will be in storage I decided to make her card now. Her favorite colors are red and yellow. I decided to use Gina K. Designs Heartfelt Bouquet.
I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with Copic Markers. To enhance the black outline, once the coloring was complete I stamped it again with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink. The image was cut down with a stitched rectangle die.
This stamp does not have a coordinating die, so I fussy cut the bottom edge of the bouquet. I packed away all of my 6x6 paper before listing our house, but I wanted to add some black and white stripes to the bottom of the card. Luckily I have Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripes Background. It was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink, which gives a crisp, dark image. I had to stamp it several times for all the stripes to be solid. The striped paper was cut down with the same stitched rectangle used on the flower bouquet and a strip was added to the bottom of a side folding A2 cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
The sentiment was stamped in the upper left of the flower bouquet rectangle. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of fussy cut image and it was adhered over the stripped panel. I love the way it turned out.
· Gina K. Designs Heartfelt Bouquet
· Hero Arts Togetherness Flower Bouquet
· Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripes Background
· Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Copic Markers: R29, R27, R24, R22; Y17, Y15, Y13; YG17, YG03, YG01; YG99, YG97, YG93; C9, C7, C5
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive