Updated: Jan 24
I decided to use he cupcake in the Honey Bee Stamps Piece of Cake stamp set to create a masculine birthday card. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with Copic Markers.
A leftover piece of cardstock was ink blended with Faded Jeans Ink which closely matched the blue colored makers used on the cupcake liner. When the ink was dry the sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. The small tag die in the set was used to cut the sentiment. The bow on the tag was stamped with the same Distress Ink, cut out with the matching die and adhered to the sentiment tag.
A piece of white cardstock was cut down using a My Favorite Things Mod Rectangle and then dry embossed with the Spellbinders Pretty Plaid Embossing Folder. A rectangle was also cut from blue cardstock in my stash using a stitched rectangle die. The two were adhered together with liquid glue and then they were adhered to a side folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
3M 1/2" Foam Tape was added to the back of the cupcake and the tag, which were adhered to the card front my removing the backing paper on the foam. As a final embellishment Nuvo Navy Blue Crystal Drops were used to add sprinkles to the frosting on the cupcake.
· Honey Bee Stamps Piece of Cake
· · Copic Markers: B99, B97, B95, B93; Y17, Y15, Y13; E53, E51, E50
· Memento Toffee Crunch Ink
· Distress Faded Jeans Ink
· Spellbinders Fun Stampers Journey Pretty Plaid Embossing Folder
· My Favorite Things Mod Rectangle Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· VersaMark Ink
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
· Designs 120 Gina K. # White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Blue Cardstock from Stash
· Nuvo Crystal Drops Navy Blue
· Wink of Stella Clear Sparkle Pen