Have a Toolin' Good Birthday
I wanted to make another card using the Spellbinders All the Tools Etched Dies. While I was searching on t he internet I ran across a card created by Rachel Alvarado where she had the tools in a toolbox. I decided to make one of my own. I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to be 6" x 5 1/8" and scored it from the bottom at 1 7/8". I used a smaller rectangle die to cut the opening in the back of the toolbox. I ran it through twice so that it would be long enough for the required opening. I ran the panel through the Spellbinder's Platinum with the Stampin' Up Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder. I folded the scored bottom of the box and punch three small holes on each side and added brass brads for decorating closure on the box.
I created the tools from silver mirror, black, red, and yellow cardstock. The layers were adhered together with liquid glue. For the paint roller I didn't have any white felt so I used fabric batting instead. I tucked the tools into the box and adhered them in place with liquid glue. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the box and to the tools to add some dimension.
An A2 cardbase was made from ivory cardstock. The dimension of the box did give event space around it so I cut it down a little so I looked centered. I decided to dry emboss the front of the card with a plaid embossing folder.
I created a sentiment strip in Microsoft Word and cut it into a banner and adhered it to the font of the toolbox with liquid glue.
· Spellbinders All the Tools Dies
· Microsoft Word Sentiment Strip
· Pink & Main Sentiment Strip
· Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa and Charcoal Brown Inks
Gina K. Designs Heavy Weight Ivory Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Black Onyx and Kraft Cardstock
· Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
· Yellow and Red Cardstock from Scraps
· Brass Brads from Stash
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle
· Stampin’ Up Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder
· Spellbinders Fun Stampers Journey Pretty Plaid Embossing Folder
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Fabric Batting from Stash
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape