Have a Frightfully Good Birthday
My daughter's boyfriend has a daughter who is turning 21 this month. She is really into horror movies and her favorite right now is Saws. I went searching for coloring images of horror movie characters and found a great bundle on etsy, which include saws and eight more.
I pulled the Saws image into the Silhouette Cameo Software and sized it to fit the front of an A2 card, leaving room for a sentiment. I added the registration marks and the cut lines and printed it with my laser printer, which is Copic Marker friendly. I cut the image with the Cameo and then colored it. When the coloring was complete low loft foam tape was added to the back for dimension.
I decided to use all the image in the bundle for a background to the larger Saws image. I sized them to fit a quarter sheet of cardstock, printed them with the laser printer and cut the panel down with a stitched rectangle die. In keeping with the red in the Saws image it was matted with red cardstock and adhered to a top folding A2 black cardbase.
I didn't have a sentiment that would work for horror movies so I created one with Microsoft Word, printed it, and cut it down with a sentiment label die. Low loft foam tape was added to the back and it was adhered to be underneath the focal image.
As a final embellishment I added glossy accents to the sentiment and Saw's eyes, which looks really creepy, but I guess that is the point.
· LollipopDesignWorld Horror Character Bundle Saws
· Microsoft Word Sentiment
· Silhouette Cameo Software Trace and Cut Registration
· Copic Markers: R29, R27, R24, R22; 100, C10, C9, C8, C7, C5, C1, C0
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mamma Foam Tape
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Splash Scarlet 80# Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
· Ranger Glossy Accents