Have a Delicious Day With Layered Cupcakes
Updated: Jan 24
I really like these layered cupcakes from Altenew. They are pretty easy to align and make a great card. I had seen a video where Tina Smith used three cupcakes on a card and decided to give it a try. I stamped the outlines with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and then stamped the layers with Distress Oxide Inks.
The stamps is two parts, the cake and the frosting and then the cupcake liner. They were cut out with the matching dies and then adhered together with liquid glue.
I decided to use a stitched frame for the card and cut it from Neenah cardstock. It was placed on the cardbase, along with the cupcakes, to determine where to stamp the sentiment.
The frame and two back cupcakes were adhered in place with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. The top cupcake was adhered with 3M 1/2" Foam, which has a little higher loft.
I liked the card, but it was just missing something so I pulled out Nuvo Crystal Drops in the same colors as the cupcakes and added confetti around the images. It was just what it needed.
· Altenew Layered Cupcake
· Spellbinders Sugar Coated Sentiments
· Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
· Distress Oxide Inks: Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Broken China
· My Favorite Things Rectangle Frames Die
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· 3M ½” Foam Tape
· Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen
· Gina K. Designs 120 # White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
· Nuvo Crystal Drops: English Mustard, Navy Blue, Bottle Green