Happy Birthday to You Spring Flowers
I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire recently where she was using background dies to make two different cards. I decided to go through my dies and pulled out the Altenew Spring Flower Cover Die.
This card actually took a lot of time because I wanted the images to be different colors. I cut it four times from white cardstock, each time ink blending different elements on the card. On the first die cut Press 'n Seal was added to the back. This gave a sticky surface to adhered the flowers and leaves in place. To cover up all the messy ink blending the cover die was cut again from a heavy weight white cardstock and all the positive layers were adhered together with liquid glue so the flowers and leaves were recessed. I decided to add shadows to of the flowers with Copic Markers.
I wanted to be sure all the elements stayed in place so I ran the layered die cuts through the Spellbinder's Platinum with the Stampin' Up Subtle Embossing Folder. This accomplished two things. It adhered all the flowers and leaves strongly to the Press 'n Seal and it add a beautiful linen look to the positive white background.
I decided to frame everything and pulled out the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle and cut it from white cardstock. It only die cut a scalloped rectangle, so I pulled out an A2 stitched rectangle and cut it from the center of the scalloped rectangle to create a frame. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was cut in half to fit behind the frame. The background panel was cut down to be smaller the the frame and then the backing paper was removed from the foam tape and the two were adhered together.
I decided to add rhinestones to each of the flower centers. I have a lot of rhinestones in my stash and I was able to find the right colors and sizes needed for each flower, with the exception of the large flower in the lower left that had a wonky flower center. Ranger gold stickles was used for that flower.
I went through my stash of foiled sentiments and selected one that would span across the frame opening. It was adhered with foam tape as well.
· Altenew Spring Flower Cover Die
· Spellbinders Glimmer Mini Everyday Wishes
· Distress Oxide Inks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Pink & Main Sentiment Die
· Seed, Scattered Straw, Shaded Lilac, Salvaged Patina, Faded Jeans, Broken China, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness
· Copic Markers: R25, R23, R21
· Ranger Stickles Gold
· Various Rhinestones and Pearls from Stash
· Glad Press ‘n Seal
· Gina K. Designs 110# White Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# and 100# Solar White Cardstock
· Lawn Fawn Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
· Stampin’ Up Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· Bearly Arts Precision Craft Glue