My son has a birthday coming up and we are going to be out of town, so we are celebrating it this coming Saturday. Chris loves to enjoy the outdoors and he and his son love to go fly fishing together. I decided to use this Leaping Trout digital image from Power Poppy for his card.
I printed the image from the Silhouette Cameo software so that I could add registration marks and cut out the image. I looked up rainbow trout images to try and make the coloring realistic using Copic Markers.
I pulled out this great fishing background stamp from Woodware Stamps and used Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink to stamp it on a quarter sheet of white cardstock. It was cut down with a stitched rectangle since the size of the background stamp doesn't cover an A2 cardbase. It really added a great background for the focal image. The panel was adhered to a top folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Whisper Cardstock with Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape. The focal image was adhered to the center with the same foam tape.
A scrap of the Whisper cardstock was used to stamp the sentiment and then it was cut with a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label Die. It was adhered below the fish with foam tape as well.
As a final embellishment a Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen was used to add shine to the water and the fish.
· Power Poppy Leaping Trout Digi Stamp
· Woodware Gone Fishing
· Clearly Besotted Simply Said Birthday
· Copic Markers: B02, B01, B00, B000, B0000 G000; R21, R20; E55, E53, E51
· Gina K. Designs Base Weight Whisper Cardstock
· Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
· Simon Says Stamp Fog Ink
· My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
· Silhouette Cameo
· Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen