Happy Birthday Red Layered Peonies
My sister has a birthday in December and her favorite color is red. I am having surgery in early November, so I'm trying to get all my cards done until the end of the year. I decided to pull out this beautiful layered peonies flower die from Honey Bee Stamps.
I started with white cardstock and cut all the layers. I then ink blended the petals in various shades of red and the leaves in a couple of green colors. I curved the edges of the petals with a small paint brush and then adhered all the layers together with liquid glue. I've used a low loft foam tape between some of the layers in the past, but there are so many layers I don't think it is really necessary. You still get a beautiful flower without it.
I wanted some visual interest behind the flowers and die cut the Memory Box Eliana Background and adhered it to a top folding A2 cardbase. I ink blended it with the lightest green, but didn't like how that looked, so I cut another background and adhered it on top of the first. I really like the light green background between the design.
The flowers and leaves were arranged how I liked them and picked up with Glad Press 'n Seal to keep them in place while adding liquid glue to the back. It's then very easy to turn the grouping around and adhere it to the cardbase. Gold splatters were added to the flowers and card front.
I feel that ink blended cardstock can leave it looking a little flat, so I pulled out some colored pencils in red and green and added a few veinds to the petals and leaves.
The word "happy" was cut from Simon Says Stamp Gold Pearl Mirror Cardstock. I really like the subtle shine to this mirror cardstock. It was adhered directly over the petals of the flowers with liquid glue. A scrap of cardstock was ink blended with the darkest red. Once the ink was dry the secondary greeting was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. It was cut into a flagged banner and adhered below the flower with foam tape.
· Honey Bee Stamps Lovey Layers Peony
· Honey Bee Stamps Happy Die
· Hero Arts Birthday Messages
· Altenew Inks: Limeade, Fresh Leaf, Velvet, Crimson, Rouge, Blush, Grapevine, Ruby Red, Coral Berry, Frosty Pink
· Gina K. Designs Dark Chocolate Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
· Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banner Die
· Memory Box Eliana Background Die
· Faber Castell Pencils: 167 Permanent Green Olive and 126 Permanent Carmine
· Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor Blush Gold Splatters
· Simon Says Stamp Gold Pearl Mirror Cardstock
· Hammermill Premium Color 100# White Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape