Happy Birthday Party Background
It has been quite sometime since I have used my Ken Oliver Color Burst Watercolor Powders. I decided to pull out some word background stamps and pair the two together.
For this first card I used the Stampendous Party Background. I had to stamp it twice, the first time I didn't get a good impression and there were a lot of blank spots when I added color. I stamped the background onto a quarter sheet of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with VersaMark Ink and for this card heat embossed it white. I then pulled out a yellow, red, and orange color burst and tape them around the panel and liberally spritz the panel with water, tipping it a little to get the colors to blend, and then set it aside to dry. This is a messy process. I always place a couple of paper towels under the panel before adding color and water.
Once the panel was dry I cut it down with an A2 rectangle and added Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape to the back. I pulled out some orange cardstock in my scraps and cut a balloon using a Birch Press Party Balloon die. I placed it in the upper left corner to determine where I wanted to adhere it and turned it over to cut the excess off. I went searching through my sentiments to find something that would work well with the balloon and decided on this vertical greeting from Technique Tuesday. It was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. White bakers twine was added for the balloon string. Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back and the balloon was adhered in place. The string was pulled to the back of the panel and adhered with Scotch Tape. The backing was removed from the back of the watercolored panel and it was adhered to a top folding cardbase.
· Stampendous Party Background
· Technique Tuesday Large Birthday
· Birch Press Party Balloon Die
· Ken Oliver Color Burst: Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Orange
· Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
· Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
· Orange Cardstock from Scraps
· Distress Oxide Barn Door Ink
· VersaMark Ink
· Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
· Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
· Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
· My Favorite Things A2 Rectangle